Pregnant? Or not? You can find out that you are pregnant even before you have taken a pregnancy test. You may notice this in your body from as early as the first week. The following symptoms indicate an early pregnancy:
1. FatigueYou are so tired, extremely exhausted. You rather lie in bed all day. This is not weird, because a lot is happening in your body and hormones are running through your body. You need more sleep because of this. It is one of the first symptoms and occurs from the first week of your pregnancy!
2. NauseaYou are nauseous. This is also related to your hormonal changes. It can already occur around your expected period, and even a few days earlier. Especially in the early hours you are nauseous, but during the day you occasionally experience waves of nausea. It may be that you feel less like eating, while sometimes eating something is the solution.
3. Sensitive breastsYou have terribly sensitive breasts. Your partner is not allowed to touch you, you are in this much pain. This can happen as early as the second week after conception. How? Hormones! They cause your breast glands to swell. Your breasts are getting bigger and they are very sensitive.
The best pregnancy announcement for your family, a live ultrasound of your baby!
4. HeadacheOuch, headache. It has to do with the production of progesterone. It is often a stinging or aching pain on the side of your head.
5. Lower stomach painsThis too, is a common pregnancy ailment that occurs soon after conception. This is due to the stretching and growing of the uterus. These cramps are usually sporadic and last a couple of weeks.
6. Getting emotionalYou're extremely emotional. Crying during movies, your colleague annoys you terribly and you cannot tolerate your partner very well either. These mood swings are again due to your hormones. They can affect your neurotransmitters, causing you to (often) lose control of your emotions. The mood swings occur from the third week of your pregnancy and unfortunately remain until the end.
7. Peeing oftenYou have to pee more often than normal. Later in pregnancy this is because the baby pushes on your bladder. But not now, because shortly after fertilisation, the swelling uterus can already get in the way of your bladder. Your kidneys are also supplied with extra blood, which causes them to produce more urine.
8. Aversion to certain odours and foodYour taste can change completely during your pregnancy, right from the first week. Do you normally like coffee? The idea of drinking some good old coffee might make you nauseous right now. Your partner's favourite perfume? Somehow you can't tolerate it anymore. Maybe it's because you're pregnant?
9. Food. A lot of food.Looks like you have your period, but you are not. You suddenly feel the urge to eat certain foods. You may notice this from the second week of your pregnancy, but try to control it. Because you want to stay healthy and not gain too much weight, right?
10. Not getting your period
Normally your period is quite regular, but now you are already a day late. Yep, reason enough to take a pregnancy test. If you have a less regular cycle, it is difficult to determine whether you are pregnant. In that case, pay attention to the symptoms above. It could just be that a little one is growing inside you! Please note: have you had any mild bleeding? If so, it could just be an implantation bleeding.
You are never a 100% sure. To be absolute sure of your pregnancy, you have to take a pregnancy test. Do you recognise the above symptoms? Make your way to the drugstore!
Make your pregnancy even more special.